CSF PORSCHE 991 TURBO / TURBO S INTERCOOLERS
- Fits both 991.1 & 991.2 Turbo/Turbos S vehicles. (2013-2019)
- 3D Scanned, CAD Designed and 3D-printed prototype; Tested in collaboration with automotive engineering firm RK Autowerks. Providing the absolute best fitting Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers available in the aftermarket.
- CFD tested (Computational Fluid Dynamics) cast end tanks with several post machining processes for the absolute best tolerance specifications and maximum airflow distribution throughout the core.
- All OEM mounting points are retained with the OEM clip-in hardware design. Utilizing factory hardware, for an OEM-level installation. (CSF Exclusive)
- OEM style “Quick-Connect” machined fittings for precise fitment, lock and seal.
- Finished with an aerospace grade, nano-particle, heat dispersion coating that dissipates heat ~35% better than uncoated raw aluminum. (~ $500.00 value)
- “Drop-in fitment”, no modifications or grinding to metal brackets, etc.
- (Requires slight trimming to the plastic intercooler shrouds – instructions included and available for download at www.CSFrace.com)
- Individually leak / pressure tested to 120 PSI
- Individually inspected for quality control
- Instruction manual included
- Specifically cut foam protective packaging to ensure damage free shipment
- Manufactured completely in house by CSF; a tier 1 OEM manufacturer with over 50 years of cooling system manufacturing experience. Over 500,000 units sold every year and over 40 million units sold globally.
- 8mm fin height louvered external fin with 6.5mm fin height staggered internal fin. Designed to maximize surface area contact and heat dissipation.
- Wind tunnel optimized and dyno tested for low pressure drop with best performance
- CSF’s “Ultimate-Boost” High-performance bar / plate core. Built in house and pressure tested to 120 PSI
- 4.53-inch thick core compared to OEM’s 3.15-inch core (115mm vs 80mm)
- Increased flow area by 43.75%
- Increased surface area by 70% (8.5m^2 vs. 5.0m^2)
- Built in-house by CSF (Only high-performance company to manufacture their own intercooler cores)
COMPARISON TO OEM – THE CSF ADVANTAGE
- From first glance the increase in width from the OEM’s 80mm core to the CSF’s 115mm width is very apparent. Critical for vehicles running performance tunes with bolt-on modifications. Considered a mandatory upgrade for vehicles running upgraded turbo systems. The larger capacity CSF bar/plate core design can handle significantly more airflow + increased boost pressures compared to the OEM intercooler system.
- CSF’s 100% TIG welded cast end tanks, paired with its high-efficiency bar/plate intercooler core. Compared to the OEM style tub/fin core, which is crimped on to the plastic end tanks. The weaker OEM design can crack under high boost or vibrations typical to race conditions.
- The design of CSF’s end tanks allows for airflow to be distributed evenly throughout the entire intercooler compared to the OEM intercooler design which is much shallower. The OEM design makes it more difficult for airflow to reach the top/bottom tube sections at the ends of the intercooler.
- CSF’s Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers are finished with an aero-space grade, Nano-particle, heat dispersion coating that dissipates heat ~35% better than uncoated raw aluminum. The OEM intercooler system has a raw finished core.